''Representing the injured.''Free Attorney Consultation & Case Evaluation
Free Legal Tips & ResourcesSe Habla Español

Slip & Falls

Legal Tips for Protecting Your Rights When You Slip And Fall

  1. Report your fall to the owner of the property or a property manager.
  2. Take down the name of the person to whom you reported your fall.
  3. If possible, take photographs of the area where you fell showing any ice, water, etc.
  4. Get the names and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
  5. Take photographs of all visible injuries.
  6. See a doctor if injured.
  7. Seriously consider talking to a lawyer before you speak with an insurance adjuster.

Do I Need an Attorney?

Not every slip and fall requires the involvement of an attorney. However, please keep in mind that insurance companies make their money from the difference between premiums collected and claims paid. They have an incentive to pay out as little as possible on a claim.

An insurance adjuster for the property owner has no obligation or duty to inform you of your rights. They have the benefit of consulting with retained attorneys for the insurance company.

Remember, once a claim is settled and a Release executed, you will generally be prevented from seeking any further compensation from the released party. Insurance industry studies show claimants who are represented by an attorney recover substantially more than those who are unrepresented.

Any settlement involving a minor must be approved by a judge.

Initial consultations with an attorney are usually free and do not commit you to hire an attorney.

Call 1-866-MN-LAW-4-U or 1-866-665-2948 to Speak to a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you have been injured in Minnesota, you have options. Contact an attorney at Sawicki & Phelps, P.A. in Inver Grove Heights for experienced Twin Cities personal injury representation.

Servicios del intérprete disponibles - Se habla español